THE CHISHOLM LEGACY PROJECT SUMMARY:
The mission of the Chisholm Legacy Project is rooted in the Just Transition Framework. The project
serves as a vehicle to connect Black communities on the frontlines of climate justice with resources to
traverse the path from vision to strategy to action plan to implementation to transformation. In support of
frontline leadership, the project seeks to link movements and mainstream entities with the tools necessary
to advance systems change centered in equity and justice. With Black women on the frontlines of
advancing systems change, this project ensures that these leaders have the support they need as they
transform society from extractivism to a living economy that cares for sacred relationships between
people and with Mother Earth, through regenerative, cooperative, democratic systems.
We are seeking two talented systems-thinkers with significant environmental and climate justice
knowledge, passion about the civil and human rights, and commitment to advancing Black Liberation. The
ideal candidate is a stellar interpersonal communicator, who can look at a project and support in moving
forward different parts of the project at different times. Furthermore, the Popular Education Consultant will
support the Popular Education Manager in producing training curriculum and educational materials to
ensure that we deliver our content in the most effective, consumer-friendly manner possible.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development of curriculum-based content grounded in Black Liberation and Just Transition
frameworks, for all modules across 16 environmental and climate justice certification programs.
- Secure a minimum of 100 speakers relying upon their pre-established network of contacts within the movement(s) for environmental justice, climate justice, and Black
Liberation, to supplement referrals provided by the Popular Education Manager, to serve as presenters for training modules across 16 environmental and climate justice certification programs.
- Research multiple websites and organizations for a minimum of 10 videos that will be used along with
speaker videos for each of the 16 certification programs
- Review speaker presentations and resources and ensure that videos align with learning objectives of
- Complete limited audio/video editing of videos
- Upload and organize video content on the Tovuti LMS platform which includes developing knowledge
assessments, reviewing generated captions to ensure accessibility for participants, and creating
discussion groups for all certification modules.
The ideal consultant will come with a robust, pre-established network of contacts within the movement(s)
for environmental justice, climate justice, and Black Liberation, who can be called upon as presenters for
training modules in the Popular Education program.
Additionally, the ideal consultant will possess the following attributes:
- Extensive knowledge and passion about environmental and climate justice
- Excellent ability to prioritize, negotiate, and collaborate with multiple environmental justice leaders
- Experience designing content into an accessible and compelling online format
- Keen analytic, organizational/prioritization, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and relationship-building skills
- Reliable, accountable, self-driven, and self-starter
- Comfortable with teamwork and independent work
- Effective working in a results-focused and deliverables-oriented structure
- Track record of success contributing to and completing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with video editing and audio editing
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ideally also with Prezi, Canva,
The compensation for each of the two consultancies, with deliverables based on the above and specified
in the Scope of Work which will be appended to each contract, is: $30,000
If interested, please apply at this link: https://ideali.st/QjBV6b